Comprehensive Surgical Care for Children of all Ages
The Division of Paediatric Surgery in Lifeline has 20 beds, including 5 beds in the intensive care unit, and 5 beds in Neonatal Unit provides a full range of surgical treatment on an inpatient and outpatient basis to children of all ages from the unborn child, to premature and new born infants to 12-year-olds.
At Lifeline Hospital we understand that “your child needs surgery” may be some of the most frightening words a parent ever hears. Here, we know that when it comes to surgery, children are not little adults but, need gentle and
special care. The paediatric surgery team provides high-quality,compassionate and family-centered care for infants,children and adolescents. We also help counsel parents who are expecting a baby who has been diagnosed, before
birth, with a birth defect that may require surgery.
We specialize in:
- Premature infant and neonatal surgery. Our paediatric surgeons work closely with experts from the Fetal Medicine Specialist, neonatologists, and paediatric anaesthesiologists to treat children with congenital malformations.
- Repair of Diaphragmatic Hernia
- Repair of Omphalocele
- Colostomy – Imperforate Anus, bowel obstruction
- Bowel function disorders (e.g., Hirschsprung’s disease)
- Tumours in childhood
- Pyloric stenosis
- Paediatric traumatology
- Paediatric urological surgery
- Biliary atresia
- Congenital cystic adenomatoid malformation
- Esophageal atresia and tracheoesophageal fistula
- Gastroesophageal reflux (GERD)
- Necrotizing enterocolitis
- Minimally invasive paediatric surgery