- Invited Speaker for LIBSS (London International Bariatric Surgery Symposium) 2019
- Chairperson for 24th world IFSO conference Spain 2019
- Chairperson for 8th Asia Pacific Laparofit 2018
- Presented paper in IFSO-APC (16th OSSICON Goa) 2017
- Honored for performing Bariatric Surgery on an Oman obese patient of weight 275kg 2016
- Faculty for 76th ASICON 2016
- Awarded best young laparoscopic hernia surgeon for the Asia-Pacific conference 2015
- Invited faculty for the AMASICON Dubai 2014
- Best paper for the ELSA conference for a study on laparoscopic Cholecystectomy 2013
- To start first Endothyroid surgery Centre in Central Kerala, India
- Head of Bariatric Surgery Unit – This is a high volume Centre in Kerala, India.
Personal Interests Driving, Photography, History, Travel
- MBBS–Sept 2002 – BLDEAS Sri B M Patel’s Medical College, Bijapur, Karnataka, India
- MS (Gen Surgery) – April 2007 – Kempegowga Institute of Medical Science, Bangalore, Karnataka,India
- FMAS (Fellowship in Minimal access Surgery)
- DMAS (Diploma in Minimal access Surgery)
- FLCS (Fellow in Colorectal Surgery)
- Fellowship in Bariatric Surgery
- Trained in Endoscopic Thyroid – Vietnam
- 51007 (Travancore Cochin Medical Council)
During my training in MBBS and MS, I have worked in both inner-city and rural areas and in a variety of service structures. I have worked in a number of surgical specialties and at Gov. Hospital, Trissur, Kerala and Gov. Hospital, Mangalore and Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, Karnataka. After internship and before starting my post-graduation I did a busy casualty SHO post in many hospitals.
I was involved in teaching medical students in small groups in several posts as junior resident and Assistant professor and I gave class to medical students as case history discussions and theory discussions. While at KMC and KIMS I gave several talks as case presentation, Journal Club, Subject Seminars to my colleagues and my teachers.
2009 – As part of my post-graduation at KIMS, Bangalore. I specialized in MS and did a research project – A STUDY ON FNAC OF BREAST LUMP The project was written up and assessed as part of my final degree.
BASIC AND ADVANCED LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERIES – Diagnostic Laparoscopy, Laparoscopic Appendectomy , Laparoscopic Spleenectomy, Laparoscopic Gastrostomy, Laparoscopic Jejunostomy, Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder Removal), Laparoscopic Colectomy (Partial Colon Removal), Laparoscopic Common Bile Duct Exploration, Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic Small Bowel Surgery, Laparoscopic ventral hernia repair, Laparoscopic Repair of Perforated -Duodenal Ulcers, Laparoscopic Nissens fundoplication.
Bariatric surgery – Performing bariatric surgery from last five years. Procedures like Vertical Sleeve, Mini Gastric Bypass and Rou-n-y Gastric bypass is being done. 450 cases performed in last five years without any mortality.
Endoscopic Thyroidectomy – Performing Endoscopic Thyroidectomy from the last two years. Trained from Vietnam. Performed more than 100 cases in the last three years. The approach is through the axilla and breast.
Common Cases Overview (2007-2019)
- Bariatric Surgery
- Endoscopic Thyroidectomy
- Laparoscopic Hernia (Umbilical, Inguinal, Ventral)
- Laparoscopic Appendicectomy
- Laparoscopic Nissens Fundoplication
- Laparoscopic Spleenectomy
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic bowel surgery (small and large bowel malignancy)
- Laparoscopic Varicocelectomy
- Stapled Hemarrhoidectomy
Consultant Bariatric and Laparoscopic Surgeon
Lifeline Superspeciality Hospital
Pathanamthitta Dist, Kerala, India – 691 554
Phone: +914734 -219529, 223377